Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer is almost here

On Friday night I went to Laser Floyd at the Clark planetarium. We had a hard time finding a parking space because of the jazz game. The show did not start until 11:00 at night. The show lasted about an hour so it was getting over at midnight and we still had to drive home. By the time we got home it was almost one. We were stuck in traffic because the jazz game was over at the same time and the road was under construction so there was a big traffic jam. I was just glad to get to bed.

The show was really good it was a show where they would play Pink Floyd songs and show picture on the dome theater and then the had laser that would shine across the room. For the lasers to work there has to be something in the air for light to reflect off of. For that they use a fog machine to make it so the lasers can work. It is not a thick fog but the fog is at the right amount because you can still see clearly but the lasers still work. They play music from the album called dark side of the moon.

That was a fun thing. It is just one more thing that is getting me so excited for summer. But what does that better than year end activities. This week we have falcon finale which is like and awards night for 9th graders. I got to go last year since the orchestra plays during it. It was real fun and I can not wait for it. The teachers announces who wins it, but they talk about the person a little before they announce it so it is fun to try and guess who it is. The activities next week are the best.

This year is exciting because 9th graders get to go to Lagoon. I do not like roller coasters much. That is okay though because I am missing the last two days to go to Washington DC. I am a little upset that I will miss the last day of school when everyone signs year books and then there is the year end assembly. But it is a trip to Washington DC it will be more fun than the last day of school. I am excited to see all of the sites and all of the monuments.

I am so glad that I have very little home work left. I just have some things to finish up for Honors English and a little bit of science. For the most part I am done with math. Which is good because usually takes the longest to do. I am sick of homework which is why I am going to try to finish as fast as possible so I do not have to worry about it no more. I still have one more book I have to read over this week but it should be a quick read. I am glad that summer is almost here.

No comments: