Sunday, April 13, 2008

Being Sick

Being sick is never a fun thing, but everyone has to go through it at least once in your life. So here I am writing my blog while missing church because I am sick. When your sick it is hard to focus on any work and right now it is hard for me to sit at this computer and type. Of course I have taken some medicine which will help me be able to type this. I am just glad I do not have any math homework this week end. I just want to be able to go to school so I do not have to get caught up.

Being sick is never fun. You can always feel better by taking medicine. I hate taking medicine because I can not swallow a pill so I always take medicine in a liquid form. I have never actually had the will power to take pills. It all started when I was in the first grade and I was forced to take these pills to help me talk. I remember so many nights where my parents fought me to take the pill and to swallow it. I have tried a couple times after that, but I still was not able to swallow it.

The thing I hate most about being sick is if I have to miss school. So people love to be sick and miss school, but I do not like having to ketch up on the work I missed. I have some stories about having to work while I was sick. In 8th grade I had to make my poetry poster while I was sick and it was due the next day. Mrs. Deppe said that she would take none of them after that day even if you were sick on that day. So, I had my mom take it over their and my mom told her about it, and Mrs. Deppe said that she would have accepted it the day after.

I have no math homework but I do have to type an outline for geography because it is due tomorrow and I know Mrs. Van Vleet will not take it late because we are working in partners, and of course I told my partner I would take it home and finish typing it. So I have to do that after this and hopefully that will not take long. If I have to miss school tomorrow then I will have to make up a math test and what ever we do in the rest of my classes.

Of course when you are sick you do not have the ability to do a lot of things. Even eating becomes hard, especially when you are throwing up which I am glad I am not. So for the most part you watch TV or play video games and eat soup and drink gator aid. So far today I have watched about three hours of deadliest catch on the discovery channel. As soon as I finish my home work I will probably eat lunch followed by more TV. Then I will probably go to bed and decide if I will be able to go to school tomorrow.

No comments: