Sunday, March 16, 2008

High School

Many of you know that both high schools have been to our school to talk to us about our sophomore year. I am going to Layton High School. They gave us a hand out of what class we can take. After all of the required classes and seminary I only have about one year of electives that I can take. I might take some classes online. I will probably just doing the normal eight classes. And finish with the exact amount of credits need at the end of my senior year. I would have liked to graduate early but if you take seminary you can not.

There are many choices of classes you can take even the core classes you have can have different types, Like science there is biology, physics, and chemistry. After the core classes there are a lot of class you can choose from. Not all classes are offered to 10th graders. Some classes you can only take your senior year. You also have to look ahead for college because some colleges require two years of foreign language. Then you have to look beyond that so you know what kind of classes to take that will help you with the job you want.

I already knew what math I was going to take and that was pre-calc honors. I am in Algebra Two and I am doing good in that class. Science was a little tricky. They recommended that I should take a biology class, but the counselor that came to our school said I should take the Physics with Technology. I had a little trouble with english because I was trying to decide if I should take honors or not. One reason was that I did not want to take too many honors classes. Since they split the schedule into two days that I would be able to take honors english.

After I had decided my three core classes I had to decide on other required classes and electives. I had to decide between honors world civs. or regular world civs. I decided to go with the honors course. Then their was the other required classes I had to take, like health, fit for life, and computer tech. Then of course every 10th grader is taking drivers ed. That leaves me with two two year long electives. Of course one of those is filled by seminary. Now I have one year left which I am going to use to take spanish. I am trying to decide if I should move on to course two or if I should retake course one. I am mainly doing this so I can have the two years of foreign language if I go to a college that requires two years.

I can not wait for high school. We can leave school to eat lunch at restaurants. Ths sometimes makes you late for your next class, so you have to go somewhere close. I won’t leave every day, but when I do I know where I could go that would not make me late for my next class. The closest places to go would be across the street to the surf and swim snack shack, or to the arby’s that is just down the street and around the corner. It will be so much fun.

No comments: