Sunday, January 6, 2008

Things on my mind

One thing on my mind right now are the presidential candidates running to become their party candidates. Right now their has only been two caucuses Iowa, which is a big one, and Wyoming, which is a small one. The caucus is basically to determine who will become the candidate for their party. Hopefully you still remember that from US history. In order to become the candidate for the party you have to win as many caucuses as you can. Then when they are all over the candidate who won got the most delegates, which is a certain number based on how big the population of the state is and which you get for winning the caucus.

Another thing I have been thinking about is the NFL playoffs. This week end was the wild card games. At the end of the season who ever qualified for the play offs would be ranked. The top two teams get what is called a bye which means they have to play one less game then the other four teams that makes the playoffs. Since the wild card games are over the Patriots have to play the Jaguars, the Colts will play the Chargers, the Seahawks have to play the Packers, and the Cowboys will play the Giants.

This week end I have had to work on one of the biggest assignments. It is for teen living and I have to carry a baby around and it will not get over until tomorrow night. Every day I have to keep a log about where the baby was, who it was with and the care needed by the baby. Every day I have to take time out of my schedule to pretend like I am feeding or changing its diaper. Every day in the log I have to have 5 feedings and 5 diaper changes, I also have to have one daily bath. In addition to that I have to write three separate papers on a common Illness of babies, a letter to my baby, and an essay on what I learned. This assignment is worth 1200 points it is the only big assignment and will give you an automatic F in the class if you do not do it. Like right now I had to stop to change a diaper. Then there is Mrs. Cobia who will not let you in her room with the baby and then we have to carry it down to Ms. Powell’s room.

But another class I like is manufacturing. Right now I am making a baseball bat on the Lathe. You basically shave wood off until it has a specific diameter for that part. Sanding it is what takes the longest. You start with a low grit sand paper, which is a very rough sand paper, and you work your way up to a smooth sand paper and that makes it very smooth. When you finish sanding you apply a finishing, that is what makes it look shinny. Then you cut off the parts of the blank that attached it to the lathe. Then you apply the finishing to the parts that did not get it the first time. You can tell I have a lot of things on my mind.

No comments: