Sunday, January 13, 2008

My own little library

In my room I have a shelf and on the shelf I have all the books I have read, books I am going to read, and books I could possibly read in the future. I have about fifteen books on the shelf. I hope when I am older I read as often as I do now and have a whole wall of books. I hope to get more books as I get older. I will get a lot more books when I have a job. But right now I just have fifteen which is still quite big. If I get any more I will have to make more room on my shelves.

In my library I keep books I like that I have read before. Books like Apollo 13, the seventh Harry Potter book, and the Artemis Fowl series. I read Apollo 13 in seventh grade. I first caught interest in the book when I started to like things about space. It was a lot harder to read because it was a ninth grade level book. It was a good book even though some of the words were hard to pronounce. I would have all the Harry Potter books but they are all my mom’s and when the seventh one came out she bought two. The seventh was one the only one I had to finish when I started to read it. I started to read the Artemis Fowl series because a friend recommended it. I started to read them and they were good but I have not finished the series yet. I also have a book that I read in sixth grade that I had to read and it was biography on all the Presidents. I found it in the book orders and told my mom I wanted to get a copy of it.

I also have books I want to read on my shelf. That would include the Artemis Fowl books I have not read and the hunt for the read October. I want to read hunt for the red October because I thought the movie was great and there is that curiosity of comparing the book with the movie. A series I have not finished, that is not on my shelf, is the series of unfortunate events. I think I am on book seven and I sort of stopped because they started to get a little boring. I thought the first three were very good but the fourth and fifth were bad and the sixth was a little better.

I also have books on my shelf that were gifts or books of significant meaning. I have a book on the civil war which is one of those books where you read a page and then you have a choice and what ever you decide takes you to a page and you can read it over and over again and get a different ending every time. I also have a book called dignity which I got from a speaker who gave them out at honor society. I hope that I can continue to add books to my collection.

No comments: