Tuesday, October 2, 2007

can't wait!

I can't wait for this weekend. My familly and I are going to Park City for the weeked. We are going to go shopping at the Tanger Outlet Mall. We usually go ride the alpine slide at the mountain ski resort. We also buy candy from The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

One of the fun parts is always the ride up because you are excited about going and can't wait to get there. We take music we burned on discs and other stuff to do on the way up. Then when we get to the hotel we unload and go down to the pool to swim. We really like to swim, which we do a lot on vacations.

One of the things my mom likes to do is shop at the outlet mall. We like to look in the kitchen ware store. My mom cooks a lot so she likes to buy stuff from the kitchen store so she can make something she has never made or to help her cook something faster. We also look in most of the shoe stores . We go to the paper store where they have a wide verity of wrapping paper. My mom usually buys a couple of rolls to wrap the Christmas presents. She sometimes will buy some birthday paper too because my grandpa's birthday is Christmas Day and he hates it if anyone wraps his present in Christmas paper.

We also go to the Mountain resort and ride the Alpine Slide. It is a lot of fun because you ride up the mountain on a ski lift and then you ride down on a blue sled-looking thing. It sucks when it rains because you have to get off and walk down the mountain. It will probably be closed this weekend since it is fall and will not open until spring. We like to get chocolate from the Rockey Mountain Chocolate Factory. They have all different kinds of truffels and fudge. We usually buy some truffels and one thing of fudge. My mom likes to buy the caramel apples and she will cut it in pieces and share with me and my brother.

We have a familly tradition to go up on the Fourth of July and watch the fireworks the city launches. We always watch it from the pool so we get spots at the pool about three or four hours before and have a party.

Of course the saddest part of the trip is going home because you have the feeling that our vacation's over. It is a good thing that we leave on a Saturday and I still have a day left of the weekend and do not have to think my vacation's over and I would have to go to school the next day.

The only bad thing is that I have to work on homework. I have to finish reading Rocket Boys if I am not done reading it before then. I also have to start reading The Count of Monte Cristo and be done in a month from today. I have not even started it and it is five hundred pages long. I also have to do math homework, but I will probably wait for Sunday to do. Just talking about it is geting me excited to go. I can't wait for this weekend!

3 comments:

Lots of Keys said...

The way you described your vacation makes me really jealous.... It's been a little while since my family has done something like that. I'm in the same homework situation as you too, haha. Well, I hope you get them done in time!

MRT said...

Anticipation is half the fun of vacations, isn't it?

Panda Girl said...

Hey we almost went there this weekend too, but since it was snow/raining, we decided not too. Sounds like tons of fun though!!! :D