Sunday, February 17, 2008

why I want my own computer

Lately I have thought that I would like my own computer. Of course right now I do not have the money to buy one. I will probably not be able to afford one until I get a job. Right now a good laptop costs a good thousand dollars. Even when I do get a job I will still have to save money for a couple of months before I could buy one. I have plenty of good reasons to buy one. You do not just go and buy a computer you have to decide what kind of features you want and suits your needs.

First you have to decide if you want a desk top computer or if you want a laptop. Desktop computers are more expensive but can hold more information. When you buy a desktop computer you can mix things around. If you like logitech’s mouses and keyboards but you like acer’s monitor you can make it so you have what you want. You also have to decide if you want a tower computer or if you want a computer that the monitor sits on top of. One disadvantage to a desk top computer is that it is not as portable as a laptop.

Everybody likes laptops if they like things to be portable. With a laptop though every thing is made by the same company. Another disadvantage is you do not have a printer unless you hook it up to one. Besides all that you can do pretty cool things with a laptop. Normally with a laptop you have to plug it into the phone line for the internet. If you have a wireless network you can connect your laptop using a wireless network card. Through that you can send documents from your laptop to your desktop computer to print.

They both have their disadvantage and advantages. If I were to buy a desktop computer it would not be from a normal store like walmart. I would go to a computer place called prime systems. I would want windows vista on it. Then I like to have a wireless mouse and keyboard. I do not care much for speakers I only use them when I play a computer game. Then for a printer you have to go along with something that prints, copies, and scans combined into one.

Then for a laptop I would have to go with an HP because it is a good computer and I really do not like dell of sony computers. Once again I would want windows vista. And if you’re a person like me who hates to use the touch mouse you do something like this. When you use it at home you keep it on a desk and keep it plugged in and you hook up a mouse to it. It is sort of like a desk top computer but you still have the portability. I would also like it to have a wireless card so I could get on the internet. I would have my own if I had the money.

2 comments:

Brownie Lover said...

So what job will you be getting? That would be cool to have your own laptop! How expensive is the computer going to be?

Brownie Lover said...

Ha ha sorry about the price...$1000 is a ton of $$$!!! Do you have any saved up yet?